WOW! Not what you’d expect in a Cape! Expanded and meticulously cared, this sweet storybook home features lots of living area, with an open updated eat-in kitchen; a living room with a fireplace; a dining room; and first-floor master suite. There are three additional bedrooms and full bath on the second level. Warm hardwood floors throughout. The two-story addition was completed in 1988. The addition expanded the kitchen, created the dining room, as well as the third bedroom upstairs. An expansive deck overlooks a large backyard of this roughly quarter-acre lot. Perfect for entertaining indoors and out. Central Air! A garage! LOCATION! Nestled into a knoll in the coveted Manor neighborhood, close to the bike path, 1/3 mile to Diamond Middle School, and about a mile to Lexington Center. MBTA bus on Bedford Street. 2016 Weil McLean boiler. Fresh interior paint. 2017 kitchen floor.
Open houses 1:00-3:00 Saturday and Sunday, April 7 and 8. Contact (below) with questions or appointment requests.
Offers will be presented on Monday, April 9.
Highlights and Upgrades
• The boiler was installed in February 2016. Federal Energy was the general contractor and Kirkland and Shaw was the plumber. The investment was around $10K and it comes with free yearly service from Federal Energy through February 2021, transferable to the new owners if Federal Energy is
retained for oil delivery.
• Heating over the past year, ~$1,650 for oil delivery, $1,100 of which billed in the past 6 months.
• The boiler serves the domestic hot water for the house. The tank acts as a booster so there is very little electricity used for heating water.
• Water and Electricity are largely based on use. Sellers average about $100/month for water & sewer. Electricity fluctuates with season/weather conditions-as low as $100 and as high as $300 a month.
• The kitchen floor was installed October 2017.
• The front retaining wall, steps, and walkway to the front of the house were done in 2009.
• The two-story addition was completed in 1988. The addition expanded the kitchen, created the dining room, as well as the third bedroom upstairs.
• House is wired for Coax and Cat 5E cable. It’s already connected to the upgraded Verizon FiOS (Gigabit) network.
• Seller believes the roof was brand-new when they bought the house in 2006.
• The garage can accommodate a Honda Pilot and similar size cars.
• The washer, dryer and refrigerator in the garage will stay with the house. The laundry table (in the basement) will also stay.
• Everything in the basement will stay (shelves, workbench, clothes rack, etc.-anything made of wood).