Click any photo to see full image:
Exterior shots by John Tse. All others by Lara Kimmerer.
Nestled into a hill in one of Lexington’s desirable neighborhoods, Prospect Hill, this ranch-style home offers California living in the outskirts of Boston. Sited on over half an acre on a secluded cul-de-sac, and adjacent to open woodlands, this home provides a quiet and tranquil oasis. From a private driveway and past a two-car garage, the home’s welcoming entrance draws you to the back to a stunning view of treetops and Boston’s skyline. Windows and glass doors galore, and a three-season room drench every room with light and are perfect for watching the sun trek over the hills. The house also boasts four bedrooms, a full bath with a luxurious sauna, and an additional room to use as a family room/guestroom/office. Radiant heating in key areas adds warmth underfoot. An organic garden with year-long beauty beckons from the deck. Three schools (Bridge, Clark Middle and the high school), Hayden Center, and more of what makes Lexington so desirable a town, are all within easy reach.
- Remodeled downstairs bathroom to include new sauna and radiant floor heating
- Remodeled downstairs bedrooms with sound insulation between two bedrooms; new hallway to bedrooms/bathroom
- Remodeled downstairs family room with new sound-insulated wall
- Installed back door and exit step/roof
- Installed mud room with radiant floor heating and front entrance sliding door for winter heat retention
- Installed trellis structure and plantings
- Installed three-season sun-room
- Undertook numerous landscaping improvements and tree plantings
- Undertook major tree work to open up more sunlight for garden
- Upgraded dishwasher, microwave, and wall oven
- Upgraded clothes dryer
- Replaced garage side door
- Age of the roof and the heating system unknown – both at least 15 yrs.