Experienced Buyer Specialist Wanted
Based in Lexington Center, our team formed in 2005 after about four years each as individual agents. We have a specialty in marketing and listing mid-century modern architecture in the Boston area. That amounts to roughly half of our gross sales, which in 2013 are over $30 million. We have a disciplined business and self-promotion marketing plan that results in more leads than we can effectively handle.
We prefer an experienced buyer agent who may not be dedicated to the self-marketing aspect of the real estate business but who knows how to take leads, show and sell property. A buyer agent for our team will not be a “house salesperson,” but rather, a buyer consultant and advisor who matches the buyers with the house that most fits their needs.
We would be willing to train the right person. A Massachusetts sales license is a requirement. Hours are flexible and depend on the needs of the clients. Agent must be willing to work evenings and weekends and to run open houses. Must have a good car in great condition. A working knowledge of the Lexington, Arlington, and Route 2 corridor is highly valuable. Agent will be an independent contractor with William Raveis Company, but will be part of the Janovitz + Tse Team. You keep your commission split and all sales will be credited to the team, not the individual.
Additional job requirements:
- Prospect for buyer leads, convert leads to appointments, close for agreements, and conduct high-level fiduciary needs analyses
- Consult with clients to ensure fiduciary service of the real estate transaction from initial contact, through offer stage, to closing
- Effectively negotiate, or oversee negotiations, for all buyers
- Develop expert knowledge regarding mortgage financing, neighborhoods, schools, and all homeownership issues
- Oversee all aspects of buyers’ transactions from initial contact to contract to close
- Experienced and comfortable with GPS systems and showings in most towns within and around Route 128 from Newton to Wakefield and from Cambridge/Somerville to Carlisle.
Must be a clear communicator, personable, and have a sense of humor. Daily interaction with lead agents, buyers, and other team members (admin and closing coordinators).
Compensation is 100% commission consistent with the William Raveis Company commission schedule. Even relatively new, effective agents can make $50,000-$100,000+ a year based on performance. Agent will be responsible for keeping up to date her/his own errors and omissions insurance, MLS fees, Greater Boston Real Estate Board dues, and other costs of doing business, details to be provided.
Interested candidates should email: